samba from ports

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Tue Apr 15 12:13:41 PDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 11:45:25AM -0700, David Bear wrote:
> I cvsup today my ports collection and made samba.
>
> now the samba deamon says its 2.2.8a  which I thought was vulnerable.
> Is this not fixed in the ports collection?  or, if so, how can I tell
> if I have a fixed samba.  the vunlerability is pretty bad, and since
> it was announce last monday (8 days ago) I assumed the awesome ports
> maintainers for freebsd would have the new on in place...

Samba 2.2.8a is not vulnerable according to the samba webpage. The
FreeBSD security advisory was a bit unclear with regard to the version
numbers due to a comma between the not-vulnerable version numbers.

HTH,

--Stijn

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart
he thinks himself your master.