XFree86 binary nvidia drivers and 5.0-CURRENT

Matt matt at xtaz.co.uk
Tue Apr 15 11:52:19 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have been running -CURRENT for a few months now on my desktop but today
thought I would see if I could get the nvidia drivers running in X. I
installed /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver and followed the instructions in the
README and what it prints after the port is installed. kldloading the driver
prints out that it's detected my Geforce 4 MX 220 and all looks normal. When I
run X however the system completely hangs for about 30 seconds and then
reboots. No kernel panic, nothing useful in logs.

I assume I have missed a stage or have something missing from my kernel
config. Basically I am going to be a bit cheeky and would like to ask if there
is anybody on this list who runs the nvidia drivers on -current (i'm sure
there are a few people) who would be willing to give me a copy of any relevent
config files, or a step by step walk through.

It's bound to be down to me just missing some option somewhere in the kernel
or something but I have no idea what ;-)

---
Matt (matt at xtaz.co.uk)
http://www.xtaz.co.uk/
---