FreeBSD logo...

=?unknown-8bit?Q?S=EAr=EAciya_Kurdistan=EE?= sereciya at kurdistan.ath.cx
Tue Apr 15 08:58:43 PDT 2003

Hello,

> Luciano Evaristo Guerche wrote:
> >I have heard FreeBSD is quite comparable to Linux and that is a very good
> >free
> > OS. I would not use / adhere to it just because the logo it adopts. How
> can a
> > christian install an OS whose logo is a demon in his/her computer?

  Are you serious?!!  (directed to the commentor, not replier)

  You'll be better of not using any UNIX systems in that case, especially
  since there's always a chance that the /dev/null could get your sole --
  or was it soul?  lol ;)

> If you find him offensive, please do not compromise your religious beliefs
> just
> to use FreeBSD.  You'll be much better off using Windows.

  I agree.  You're better off not using an OS that has a "daemon" as a
  mascot; better to have an OS created (or stolen) by the Devil Himself,
  Grates.

> A company that
> lies,
> cheats, and steals may sit much better with your religious beliefs than a
> community-oriented organization that happens to use a daemon as a logo.

  Well stated!

> I don't know of any OS that uses a demon as a logo.

  Although... if you ask me, there's a series of that that should have
  the demon as the logo, albeit one with glasses.

--$êrêciya Kurdistanî
| Welat xwe ava nake, dest bidin hevdu, pist nedin tu dijminî  |
|   Riya azadiyê ne hêsan e, hêviya xwe bernedin, dema me      |
|     nêzîk e.                                                 |
| Hevaltî bi kesên du rû nekin, hevaltî bi hevdu ra bikin      |
|   Ne ji hevaltiya wan kesên pêxwas û rû dirêj, ne bi wan     |
|     kesên xwînperest, ne jî ji yên din.                      |
|                                   -$êrêciya Kurdistanî       |
  translation provided on request: sereciya at kurdistan.ath.cx