4.8 Floppy Drive Broke Making Bootable CDROM

Ruben de Groot fbsd-q at bzerk.org
Mon Apr 14 02:33:55 PDT 2003

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 10:58:22PM -0400, $mage typed:
> I usually like to make boot disks my with kern.flp and mfsroot.flp and
> install via FTP. Is there any way I copy these images to a cdr and boot from
> it or any variance. I usually use fdimage to make my floppies. Anyone know a
> way?

1) install /usr/ports/sysutils/mkisofs
2) create somedirectory with files you want on the cd
3) copy boot.flp to this directory (boot.flp is a 2.88 MB image containing
   both kernel and mfsroot)
4) run "mkisofs -b boot.flp -o mybootcd.iso somedirectory"
5) burn mybootcd.iso to a cdr