Source upgrade fails

Daniela dgw at liwest.at
Sun Apr 13 15:19:43 PDT 2003

Hi there!

For two weeks now I'm trying to upgrade from 5.0-RELEASE to 5.0-CURRENT.

I can't compile the kernel. It fails at the same point whenever I try.
Building the world fails too. I cvsupped my sources several times and retried,
but still no success. I attached the error message below.
Am I right with the assumption that an empty file was compiled?

Any ideas?

Daniela

----------------------

touch hack.c
cc  -shared -nostdlib hack.c -o hack.So
rm -f hack.c
sh /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh CM58-27
cc -c -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs
-Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline
-Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -ansi -g -nostdinc -I-  -I. -I/usr/src/sys
-I/usr/src/sys/dev -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica
-I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter -D_KERNEL -include opt_global.h -fno-common
-mno-align-long-strings -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -ffreestanding -Werror
vers.c
linking kernel.debug
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CM58-27.