console programs

Adam blueeskimo at gmx.net
Sun Apr 13 12:08:49 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 14:59, John Young wrote:
> I run a P133 with 16RAM and a 4GIG drive... it's not much, but it does the trick. Since I am unable to run X, I have been looking around and haven't been able to find a good site for console programs. When I say console programs I mean applications like word processors, spreadsheets, databases, a few games etc. Any console sites I do find only have server software, and the ports seems to favor X for the kinds of applications i'm looking for.
>
> Can anybody please point me to a good site? / Port?
>
> thanx a lot

Here's a list of the console apps I use regularly (all installed from
ports):
ICQ: centericq
IRC: irssi
Text Editor: nano, joe
Email: mutt
Database: postgresql (with psql client)
Calculator: yacas, calc
File Manager: mc
Dictionary: dict
FTP: lftp, yafc

Hope this list at least gives you a starting point.

--
Adam <blueeskimo at gmx.net>