E-mail Scam, Addressess being collected of mailing list ::Advice Requested

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen freebsd.nospam at mekanix.dk
Sun Apr 13 07:39:34 PDT 2003

On Sunday 13 April 2003 16:19, Bill Moran wrote:

> >   I have reason to believe that these scammers are collecting e-mail
> > addresses of our mailing list users, I'm taking this very seriously and
> > would like ask the more experienced of you on what action to take next.
> Welcome to hell.  While I don't have 100% proof ... I think you are
> absolutely correct: that spammers harvest email addresses from this (among
> others) list.

Well, I can prove it. I'm using different addresses for various lists, so I
know *where* spammers get my address. And the address I'm using for this list
gets it's share of spam. :-(

And once... *once* in a thoughtless moment my address I only use for personal
use ended up here... few days later an address that have been perfectly
spamfree for *years* started receiving penisenlargement investment from horny
wet teenies through Nigerian Bank...

*sigh*

Bjarne
--