How to connect laptop and desktop w/NICs

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Sun Apr 13 05:14:06 PDT 2003

So far, so good.  I can ping each machine from the other, and reset these
settings on startup.

However, the laptop (which I decided to make a client of the desktop, now
that I have a modem for the desktop) cannot ping past the gateway.  I have
the default router set to the desktop, but something else must be wrong.

Do I need to have inetd or natd running explicitly for this to work?

jcm
--
Consulting: If you aren't part of the solution, there is
a lot of money to be made in prolonging the problem.