Starting X Automatically

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen freebsd.nospam at mekanix.dk
Sun Apr 13 00:45:19 PDT 2003

On Sunday 13 April 2003 08:36, Kan Cai wrote:
> try change your /etc/ttys file.
>
> set tty8 (or 9, I am not using FreeBSD right now) from off to on, and
> change the xdm to kdm (do not forget change the path) if you are using
> KDE.

Is it possible to put some sort of "intelligence" into this setup? Eg. if
something i X/kdm is broken it would *stop* trying to start them?

Sometimes I've got to do at hard-reset of my machine and boot into single-user
and change /etc/ttys because something is broken but FBSD keeps trying to
start kdm/X and hinders me to get to at console.

Bjarne
--
Homepage: http://www.mekanix.dk