install is hanging

E. J. Cerejo ej.cerejo at laposte.net
Fri Apr 11 15:19:19 PDT 2003

Try boot from floppies instead, from a previous post:
To make these two floppies download these 3 files:
ftp://ftp6.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.8-RELEASE/floppies/kern.flp
ftp://ftp6.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.8-RELEASE/floppies/mfsroot.flp
ftp://ftp6.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools/fdimage.exe
Put them all in the same folder then bring up the dos prompt and cd into
that directory, put an empty floppy in your floppy drive and type:
fdimage kern.flp a:
then put another floppy and run
fdimage mfsroot.flp a:
boot with floppy that has the kern.flp image first later it will ask you
for the second one.