X11 printing problem

Stefan Farrenkopf sfarren at gwdg.de
Fri Apr 11 09:26:03 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I solved my problem myself.
The solution was that the x11 apps do obviously not use the same $PATH than
I do in the shell. After the build of release 4.8 I got new versions of
lpr, etc. in the /usr/bin directory and they were not able to produce
output, because I am using cups.
That the printing did not work even before the upgrade is probably another
problem wich has been solved by the upgrade to the 4.8 release.

ciao,
Stefan

--On Friday, April 11, 2003 10:27:43 +0200 Stefan Farrenkopf