8 port synchronous serial card for FreeBSD needed

Murray Taylor murraytaylor at bytecraftsystems.com
Thu Apr 10 23:08:45 PDT 2003

Does any one know of such a card ??

It only needs to handle up to about 34kbit or so...
must be PCI
must have driver, or be able to be driven by existing drivers
HDLC mode, must generate the clocks

Currently we have been quoted the WANic 608-SE, which is a very nice card,
does not have FreeBSD drivers and is quoted > A$6k !!

As I need 4, maybe 6, plus spares, this is way too expensive. !!!
Or is this price appropriate and we need to rethink our requirements?

(they are needed to test and heat soak some ancient HDLC devices that we
need to keep alive.)

--
Murray Taylor
Special Projects Engineer