ntpd

John Murphy jfm at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 12:36:42 PDT 2003

"Jerad Hampton" <jerad.hampton at kingsu.ca> wrote:

>Does anyone use the statistics options in ntp.conf for ntpd?
>I have it in my conf file as:
>
>statistics clockstats statedir /var/log/ntpstats filegen clockstats type none enable
>
>when I start it I get these errors in the ntpd log file:
>
> 9 Apr 22:16:02 ntpd[166]: no statistics named statsdir available
> 9 Apr 22:16:02 ntpd[166]: no statistics named /var/log/ntpstats available
> 9 Apr 22:16:02 ntpd[166]: no statistics named filegen available
> 9 Apr 22:16:02 ntpd[166]: no statistics named type available
> 9 Apr 22:16:02 ntpd[166]: no statistics named none available
> 9 Apr 22:16:02 ntpd[166]: no statistics named enable available
>
>I think I just have it wrong in my conf file but I can't find any examples
>of how I should put.
>Does anyone have any experience with this?

I haven't used the statistics feature myself, but I found the following
via google which may help:

# NTP Statistics
statsdir /var/ntp/
statistics clockstats loopstats peerstats
filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable
filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable
filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enable

John.