nge driver & VLAN support

Cejka Rudolf cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz
Thu Apr 10 01:23:00 PDT 2003

Mike Hogsett wrote (2003/04/09):
> If I `tcpdump' nge0 I see vlan tagged frames, but all the vlan numbers are
> wrong.  On the Cisco I manually pruned the `vlans allowed on trunk' down
> to vlans 505 and 800.  Vlan 505 packets show up in the tcpdump output of
> nge0 as vlan 2305 and vlan 800 packets show up in the output as vlan 256.
>
> If anyone can offer any insight into my problem, or offer further ways to
> diagnose the problem I would greatly appreciate it.

It seems that you have the same problems as we had in the past with
em driver. Here is my posting without any response to Bill Paul,
hope it helps (the other possible buggy drivers are bge, nge, txp
and gx, because they all call vlan_input_tag()):

... I think that I saw some related VLAN commits by you, Luigi,
can you help, please? Or do you know anybody else?