sudo

E. J. Cerejo edinho64 at netscape.net
Thu Apr 10 00:42:49 PDT 2003

ms at probsd.org wrote:
> replace ecerejo.Belkin with: localhost
>
> then visudo
>
> what now?
>
> michael
>

>>ms at probsd.org wrote:
>>
>>>example - assuming your user name is noltie on a host named flowers
>>>
>>>ee /usr/local/etc/sudoers
>>>
>>>%noltie     flowers:NOPASSWD: /usr/local/bin/cdrecord
>>>
>>>Then type: visudo
>>>
>>>To close and write the change, just do: Shift+:wq
>>>
>>>then as user noltie: sudo /usr/local/bin/cdrecord
>>
>>I get an error, this is the line I used:
>>
>>%kdedude ecerejo.Belkin:NOPASSWD: /usr/local/bin/cdrecord
>>
>>and I get this error when I try saving it with visudo:
>>
>>/usr/local/etc/sudoers.tmp: 28 lines, 637 characters.
>>What now?

It doesn't give an error when saving if I put just this:

%kdedude localhost = NOPASSWD: /usr/X11R6/bin/xcdroast

but when I run it complains saying that kdedude is not in sudoers file,
tried it without the "%" sign and it complained again.  The only way it
worked was when I put this in there:

%wheel        ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD: ALL

but I don't want to do that though, I just want to be able to run a few
commands and not "ALL" commands.