USB STORAGE MOUNT

Jennifer jennifer at tevn.com
Wed Apr 9 22:14:25 PDT 2003

Dear FreeBSD people

I bought a key chain memory storage USB disk, 64Mb, recently
I can use it on any windows system, but I want to try to mount it from Freebsd 4.3.
I read some documents from websites, that say you can  use command as follows to mount this kind of device:

# makdir /mnt/usb
# mount -t msdos /dev/ad0s1 /mnt/usb

but I can not mount it using those commands, and I get the following error message:
device not configured.

 So I just leave the memory device in the usb port on the machine, and reboot the machine, then mount the device using the command:
# mount -t msdos /dev/ad0s1 /mnt/usb

This time I got some other errors, someting like kernal panic, etc.

I checked my running kernel, and found all the services, which are needed to enable usb devices are open already.
Can you kindly give me some adive on that?
Thank you very much
Jennifer