soundcard configuration

Joshua Lokken joshualokken at attbi.com
Wed Apr 9 09:15:16 PDT 2003

* sapa sapa (sapa2ler at yahoo.com) wrote:
==>
==> Hi, i'm really need advice and help from you. I'm new with FreeBSD. Currently, i had installed your latest release of FreeBSD 5.0, but i having problem in configuring the soundcard. I'm using Creative SoundBlaster Live Value soundcard under i386 architecture. When i logging in, my soundcard couldn't been detected. The message came out is something like "cannot open /dev/dsp...."
==>
==> Could you please provide me advice or training on how to configure the sound for my system. Thank you.
==>
==> Regards.
==>

Sure.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sound-setup.html

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2002/09/19/FreeBSD_Basics.html

HTH,
--
Joshua

==>
==>
==> Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more