Compilations Core Dump in FreeBSD 5.0

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.homeip.net
Wed Apr 9 04:40:19 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 08:33:37 -0300
Diego Linke - GAMK <linke at calnet.com.br> wrote:

Hi,

> I update my FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE for 5.0 RELEASE, but i have a problem!
>
> I try compile Sylpheed and OpenLDAP via ports... these compile very
> "fine", but when i execute the binary i get a core dump....
>
> Do you have an idea ?

A bit more info would help here. What are you /etc/make.conf settings?
There are some issues with -march=pentium4 and gcc 3.2. It could
actually be many things, for example, faulty memory and/or overcloacked
cpu. Assuming it's not a hardware issue, you should get a debugging
executable of that port (env CFLAGS=-g STRIP=true make install clean in
the sylpheed directory), and then check the core dump with gdb. With
that info in hand it will be easier to find what's going on.

Cheers,
        Miguel Mendez - flynn at energyhq.homeip.net
        GPG Public Key :: http://energyhq.homeip.net/files/pubkey.txt
        EnergyHQ :: http://www.energyhq.tk