mount_smbfs & pure-ftpd problem

Carl Morley bsdmn at webize.com.au
Wed Apr 9 04:32:44 PDT 2003

Hi,
I have a pure-ftpd server running on a FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE box.  I needed
to offer a Windows 2000 share on another box, to the internet.  Simple,
I thought, I'll just mount_smbfs the share from the pure-ftpd server,
then make that directory 'home' for external ftp users.

This has not worked though.  I can 'put' files, but cannot 'get' them.
If I try a 'get', I receive '450 Error during write to data connection'
at the ftp client end, and 'smb_maperror: Unmapped error 1:158' on the
dmesg output at the ftp server.

Pure-ftpd works fine by itself, if the Win2K share is not mounted.  And
from the FTP box I can happily copy stuff to and fro from the Win2K
share via the mount_smbfs mounted point.

But together they will not let me 'get'.  Any ideas?

Cheers,
Carl.

Webize Pty Ltd
ph: (03) 9561 3353