freebsd on a CD ?

Joshua Lokken joshualokken at attbi.com
Tue Apr 8 20:35:55 PDT 2003

* Shane Helms (shanehelms at eircom.net) wrote:
==> Hi guys,
==>
==> I've tried FreeBSD couple of times, but must admit its hard to
==> administrate, and clearly most suitable for servers.
==>
==> I think Linux is the optimum option for a desktop user, however i'm
==> quite eager to become familiar and learn about FreeBSD and its
==> administration.
==>
==> There exists a "linux on a cd" distro called Knoppix.
==> Quite useful if you wanna have Linux without installation and wonder
==> around.
==>
==> I was wondering if there is anything similar for FreeBSD ??
==> alternatively is there any FreeBSD emulator under Linux ?

VMWare.  http://www.vmware.com

==> Bottom line is, I want to use and play around with FreeBSD without
==> installing it. Any suggestions as to what I can do ?
==>
==> Thanks
==>
==> Shane