New List Subcription Process Not Working For Me

Martin Karlsson mk-freebsd at bredband.net
Tue Apr 8 13:05:28 PDT 2003

* Drew Tomlinson <drew at mykitchentable.net> [2003-04-08 09.15 -0700]:

Hi,

> I tried to subscribe to both -current and -multimedia.  I first sent my
> requests via majordomo and received the message stating that things have
> changed to mailman and that my requests had been forwarded.  So I waited
> overnight but never received any confirmation messages or any list mail.

Strange.

> Next I went to the URL as indicated in the majordomo message and subscribed
> via the web page.  I waited overnight again but still no confirmation or
> mail.

Strange.

> How can I verify my subscriptions and check to which lists I am subscribed?
> I tried the majordomo 'which' command and it referred me to the web page.
> Yet I don't see any way to do anything other than subscribe to or
> unsubscribe from one list at a time.  How would I see the equivalent of the
> majordomo 'which' command from the web page?

1. Go to <URL:http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/options/freebsd-current/>
(for example)

2. At the bottom of the page, fill in your subscribed email address and
click 'Unsubscribe or edit options'

3.a If you have received a password from mailman (not majordomo), fill it
in at the appropriate place, and click 'Log in'.

3.b If you have _not_ received a password, request one by clicking
'Remind'. When you receive one, go back to the previous step.

4. Click 'List my other subscriptions'.

If you receive no password, send an email to
owner-freebsd-current at freebsd.org and ask for help.

HTH and good luck,
--
Martin Karlsson