apm

Mike Meyer mwm-dated-1050264049.369b9c at mired.org
Tue Apr 8 13:00:51 PDT 2003

In <Pine.LNX.4.44.0304081256570.5524-100000 at ns.isi.ulatina.ac.cr>, Fabio Miranda Hamburger <fabmirha at ns.isi.ulatina.ac.cr> typed:
> Hi, according to the documentation, the "apm" utility is "not well
> supported" for freebsd.
> It has been not supported for years.
> so, When is going to be supported?
> Why all the development of freebsd is based on /bin /sbin and kernel?
> I feel like all developers are old unix guru that enjoy console system but
> there are not abe to develop a modern and versatile system.
> FreeBSD needs management, ppl that are NOT programmers and understand
> users needs and focus the development.
> If the developers prefer to "improve the version of su" they do that and
> dont care about "window's world utility".

Ranting about things you don't understand is a bad idea.

> Mobile computing is the future!.

Gee, what next - you're going to tell me that virtual memory is the
future, right? I've been doing mobile computing for over seven years
now.

apm, on the other hand, is the past. acpi is where power management is
going. Improving that is in the development path. So wait for it, or
install -current and do some work on it yourself.

	<mike