natd redirect

Daniel Bye dan at slightlystrange.org
Mon Apr 7 14:44:18 PDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 06:41:39PM +0200, Moritz Fromwald wrote:
> Hello
> How is the syntax for natd to redirect udp as well
> as tcp?
> I'd like to forward tcp 4662, 4711 and udp 4662.
> Is it possible to change thees ports, without
> stopping natd?

You will need to add a separate rule to handle the udp redirection, I
believe, if you only want to redirect one port (or indeed, just a subset of
all ports).  If you want to redirect _all_ ports to a different address, use
the -redirect_proto or -redirect_address options.

I don't think it's possible to alter the rules without restarting the
daemon, so you will have to stop it, rework your arguments and start again.
I could be wrong, though.

HTH,

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \