KDE driver issue

J. Seth Henry jshamlet at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 13:19:06 PDT 2003

Keep in mind that FreeBSD doesn't automatically create the dsp and mixer
devices in /dev. After adding in kernel support for a sound board, make
sure to head over to /dev and run 'sh MAKDEV snd0' - that will create the
appropriate devices.

To ensure the card is working correctly, I would suggest installing aumix
and play from the ports/packages. If you can adjust the mixer, and play
basic audio - you should be gold. (mpg321 can be substituted for play)

Regards,
Seth Henry