Newbie: system spontaneous reboot

Gary Schenk gwschenk at socal.rr.com
Mon Apr 7 06:17:06 PDT 2003

My new FreeBSD system seems to be working well. When I logoff my user account,
I leave the machine on to process setiathome. Several times in the last week,
I return to find a fatal trap message on the screen, at the end it states
automatic reboot in 15 seconds, press any key to cancel. It has not rebooted
but it is merely waiting. When I press a key, it reboots.

I'd like to know if any one knows what the problem is. I'd also like to know
how to copy or capture the screen  message to a file so as to post it to this
list. I am running FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE on a dual boot setup with Win98 on a
600MHz Pentuim 3 with 128 meg RAM. This is my third installation of FreeBSD
on this machine.

Thanks.
Gary Schenk