upgrading using sysinstall

E. J. Cerejo ej.cerejo at laposte.net
Sun Apr 6 22:47:42 PDT 2003

make world updates the FreeBSD sources which then you can upgrade to a
greater version of FreeBSD and not "packages".  When you say packages
are you referring to software?  Make sure you install all the src code
from your current version, if you did already you should have this
directory /usr/src if you don't have it then you need to install them,
you can use /stand/sysinstall for that.