ssh on 4.8RC, pl 4.

Gary D Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Apr 6 16:39:54 PDT 2003

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 04:22:34PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 04:01:10PM -0700, Gary D Kline wrote:
> >
> > 	Hi Folks,
> >
> > 	If it seems like I didn't do my homework, sorry, but I did.
> > 	Evidently not enough, and so this email.
> >
> > 	Upgrading from 4.3 to 4.8 went with only a few heart stoppages
> > 	this time.  What is left not working is ssh trying to get into
> > 	ns1.thought.org from my other servers.  I'm running 4.7 here,
> > 	e.g.  Anyway, what am I doing wrong here?
>
> For starters, you didn't give any information about your problem.

	Touche.  Okay, for one thing sshd isn't running on ns1.thought.org
	and as youcan see below, rying to exec the cmd fails.

	This is what I did here:

p9 15:45 <tao> [833] ssh ns1
ssh: connect to address 216.231.43.140 port 22: Connection refused

root at ns1:/etc# sshd
Privilege separation user sshd does not exist
root at ns1:/etc#

	Any clues?

	gary

--