freebsd on a CD ?

Shane Helms shanehelms at eircom.net
Sun Apr 6 08:51:47 PDT 2003

Hi guys,

I've tried FreeBSD couple of times, but must admit its hard to
administrate, and clearly most suitable for servers.

I think Linux is the optimum option for a desktop user, however i'm
quite eager to become familiar and learn about FreeBSD and its
administration.

There exists a "linux on a cd" distro called Knoppix.
Quite useful if you wanna have Linux without installation and wonder
around.

I was wondering if there is anything similar for FreeBSD ??
alternatively is there any FreeBSD emulator under Linux ?

Bottom line is, I want to use and play around with FreeBSD without
installing it. Any suggestions as to what I can do ?

Thanks

Shane