sendmail woes

bastill at adam.com.au bastill at adam.com.au
Sun Apr 6 06:59:09 PDT 2003

Quoting Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr>:

> I'd probably boot single user mode and run 'mergemaster' after mounting
> all the filesystems.

Giorgios,
Am I expecting too much of mergemaster?
I took your advice and ran it without any options.
It showed me the comparision between old and new files as it ran on the
console, and stored the new files in /var/tmp/temproot for me to compare and
adjust my old files - without any guide about what the differences might be.
The "old" files remain untouched until I manually change them.
Is there at least a log somewhere which highlights any differences so I have
the same sort of guide that appeared on the console when I ran mergemaster?
BTW, the difference between old and new freebsd.mc appears (more-or-less)
cosmetic - BUT I didn't have a freebsd_submit.mc and one or two other files
which look important.

--
Brian