"make index" after latest cvsup of ports tree seg faults

Stacey Roberts stacey at vickiandstacey.com
Sat Apr 5 12:25:50 PST 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 20:54, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 08:39:17PM +0100, Stacey Roberts wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 20:32, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>
> > > About the only thing I can think of is if you've got a few more chunks
> > > of ports than is really healthy listed in your cvsup refuse file.
> >
> > I've not actually *touched* the refuse file at all. Here's what that
> > file looks like on this system:
> > /usr/share/examples/cvsup $ ls -la refuse
> > -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  307 Mar 22 12:25 refuse
>
> Uh --- that's just an example file.  The active file would be
> /usr/sup/refuse, which is empty by default.  Or it might be
> non-existent.  Either way same difference: it shouldn't cause the sort
> of problem you're seeing.

Yes, that's what I was just thinking myself:-)

> > As I mentioned, nothing customised here at all. I always make sure to
> > run as close to defaults here as I can.., makes for easier gathering of
> > information without having to analyze through amendments &
> > customizations.
>
> Very sound thinking.  But that leaves me even more perplexed as to why
> you're having problems.  About the only thing I can suggest is just to
> re-cvsup and try again.

I'll do that. Here's what I'll be doing for good measure:
1] rm -rf /usr/ports/*
2] Re-cvsup
3] Portupgrade any ports that might need updating
4] Run "make index"

Thanks for taking the time, I'll let you know how it goes.

Regards,

Stacey

--
Stacey Roberts