can't find smbpasswd file

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at lphp.org
Sat Apr 5 00:52:37 PST 2003

Hi !

I am having the most stupid problem.
I've been using samba for a little while now, and today, I need to remove an
account from the smbpasswd file but there is no way I can find it. I know it
is here somewhere (and in use !).
I know I can use the command line to deactive an account or so, but I really
need to have a look at this file.
I did a search on my system and there's no file called smbpasswd (except the
binary one). I think at one point I must have made a mistake and created the
smbpasswd file with another name I guess...
Is there a way to find it, like grepping my entire system for samba username
account inside files ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Antoine