sending mail with a script question

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Apr 5 00:00:56 PST 2003

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 02:20:54AM -0500, David Banning wrote:
> > I do use Exim and all I have to tell it is:
> >
> > trusted_users = www
> >
> > It would then allow the webserver to set the correct address. I am not sure
> > how Sendmail, Postfix or any other MTA does this.
>
> Thanks for the idea. Sendmail is a bit of a nightmare to tangle
> with, but I'll start looking around to see if there is a way to do
> something similar on my end.

In sendmail, class 't' lists the users trusted to reset the envelope
address. Configure this by adding the usernames one per line to
/etc/mail/trusted-users and adding:

    FEATURE(`use_ct_file')dnl

into your submit.mc (then 'make' and 'make install' and 'make restart'
as usual).  It's the sendmail sm_msp process that needs this
modification, rather than the sm_mta process.  See the section
"MESSAGE SUBMISSION PROGRAM" in /usr/share/sendmail/cf/README.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way