SSH failing randomly in 4.7-REL (SOLVED)

J. Seth Henry jshamlet at comcast.net
Fri Apr 4 10:17:48 PST 2003

It turned out to be a problem with dhclient. It wanted to write to
/etc/resolv.conf which was on a read-only file system at the time.
Eventually, it crashed out - perhaps trashing the interface configuration
on its way down.

I moved resolv.conf to /usr/local/etc and symlinked it in /etc - and the
problem appears to be resolved. I haven't seen any other strange network
related problems since.

Thanks,
Seth Henry

BTW - the Linksys USB100TX uses the aue driver.

Thanks,
Seth Henry