portsdb fails on perl

Jan Grant Jan.Grant at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Apr 4 06:41:30 PST 2003

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, CARTER Anthony wrote:

> This is probably also due to a problem in recursive looped dependencies in
> Xft...
>
> However, a little question. What is portsdb, I known pkgdb, and portsupgrade,
> but what does portsbd do?

pkgdb deals with the _installed_ packages/ports.
portsdb deals with all the _available_ ports - that is, it's an index of
everything under /usr/ports.

Stuff like portversion basically compares the versions in pkgdb against
the versions of corresponding ports in portsdb.

Hang on, wasn't he holding a wooden parrot? No! It was a porcelain owl.