portsdb fails on perl

Dru dlavigne6 at cogeco.ca
Fri Apr 4 05:28:23 PST 2003

Anyone else having problems using portsdb this morning? I'm getting the
same message on a 4.7 and 5.0 box:

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar at Tools/make_index line 44, <> line 7715.

After a few hundred of those:

foo kernel: pid 42244 (perl), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
[Updating the portsdb <format:bdb1_btree> in /usr/ports ... - 1 port
entries found /usr/ports/INDEX-5:1:Port info line must consist of 10
fields. ..... done]

If I try a portupgrade, I get an endless loop of:

Cannot fork: Resource temporarily available

Dru