#!sh grep and move files

Matthew Bettinger mbettinger at championelevators.com
Thu Apr 3 09:52:37 PST 2003

Hello,

I am trying to find the best way to search through several thousand files and
move some to a different directory.  The files are all prefixed with LB.
Like, LBX99.DAT141683.

These are data transactions and contain one line.  The lines i am trying to
search for all begin with

1~TA~  (standing for timeand attendance labor transactions)

 I've tried

#!/usr/bin/sh
for x in `find /dir -type f -exec grep '1~TA' [] \;`
do
mv $x /newdir
done

There  seems to be something i am missing like some output redirection or an
ls listing... probably alot more.

I know this can be done in a one liner somehow but I need it to be executed
from cron.

Thanks for any assistance.
Matt