Technical question about scripts

Dragoncrest dragoncrest at voyager.net
Wed Apr 2 18:52:30 PST 2003

	I've got a bit of a technical question about doing scripts.  I've created
a script that I use for expediting changes to one of my servers to save me
a large number or repetitive steps that I have to do.  My question is this
though.  Using either Pico or VI I need to be able to have the script know
if I've saved/changed the file or if I just exited out without saving my
changes.  Cause if I exited out without saving changes, I want it to abort
the rest of the script, but if I changed any one of my config files, I want
it to then complete the rest of the script.  Anyone know how to do this via
a shell script?