WEOF command timeout

Omer Faruk Sen freebsd at faruk.net
Wed Apr 2 08:03:13 PST 2003

I have an old tape

ast0: TAPE <HP COLORADO 5GB> at ata0-slave PIO4
But I am having that problem when I try to make backup of my system. It
seems a problem with ata0?

ast0: WEOF command timeout - resetting
ata0: resetting devices ..
acd0: removed from configuration
ast0: removed from configuration
done

And here is my kernel conf.

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device          ata1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
device          atapicd                 # ATAPI CDROM drives
device          atapifd                 # ATAPI floppy drives
device          atapist                 # ATAPI tape drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID           #Static device numbering

What can be the problem? Does it work if I remove at isa? parts at ata0 and
ata1. Since the system is far away from me I can not courage to do that :)