newfs parameters for a 500 GB volume ?

Heinrich Rebehn rebehn at ant.uni-bremen.de
Wed Apr 2 01:10:28 PST 2003

Hi,

I am going to set up a RAID 0 array with two 250G drives, making 500G.
Which newfs parameters would you recommend for it?
I am afraid of ending up with a fs with Gigs of space and no inodes
left, or a fs that is heavily fragmented and slow.
Reading the newfs manpage didn't quit help me, it explains all switches
The files on the volume will be 2 MB average.

Thank you for any suggestions or pointers.

--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:rebehn at ant.uni-bremen.de
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341