Sendmail + Cyrus + Procmail(?) + SpamAssassin

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.homeip.net
Wed Apr 2 00:44:22 PST 2003

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:30:04 -0600
Kirk Strauser <kirk at strauser.com> wrote:

Hi Kirk, sorry for not replying earlier.

> What does the above line do?
>
>     /usr/local/bin/spamassassin -F0 -P -x \
>        -p "/home/${user}/.spamassassin/user_prefs" |
>     /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -m "${extension}" "${user}"
>
> Since '-P' is now the default, that's no problem.  What did '-F0' do?

The -F0 option was an option that made spamassassin not alter the
headers, as it would confuse some programs. It's not needed since 2.44
iirc. Because spamassassin is being ran as user cyrus, you need to tell
it where to search for user_prefs.

> Do you have a good reference for that?  I Googled "sieve cyrus" and
> got more information than I could handle.

http://www.cyrusoft.com/sieve/ is a good starter, specially the provided
samples. Have a look at them and you'll figure out most of the stuff.

Btw, I've seen you finally solved it. I'd like to add your howto
document to ezunix.org's site, mind if I do (giving credit, of course)

Cheers,
        Miguel Mendez - flynn at energyhq.homeip.net
        GPG Public Key :: http://energyhq.homeip.net/files/pubkey.txt
        EnergyHQ :: http://www.energyhq.tk