FreeBSD Distribution installations

David Banning david at skytracker.ca
Tue Apr 1 23:14:47 PST 2003

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 01:06:26PM +0800, Sukhbinder Singh wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      Can anyone explain, how can I install more distribution into a running freebsd from the root directory. for example if my initial freebsd installation was only customed to install the bin (required) distribution only, how can I install other distributions like the games distribution, the man distribution, the crypto distribution and etc.

If you are using CD roms for the install, just go to fireup
/stand/sysinstall and follow the menus. I would suggest the ports system.
Check it http://freebsd.org/ports
You can also ftp to ftp.freebsd.org and go to /pub/FreeBSD/ports/packages
and download the compiled packages, and install them with pkg_add.