Sony VAIO w/ Linksys card

Terry Tyson ttyson at championelevators.com
Tue Apr 1 21:27:15 PST 2003

I don't think it is a hardware problem. I have the same laptop (currently
out of the office). It has a Linksys EtherFast 10/100 Integrated PC Card.
When I was dual booting with Win98 and Mandrake9.0, the card worked fine
with both OS. I changed to Win98 and FBSD4.7. The card still works under
Win98 but haven't got it configured correctly yet in FBSD. The hardware page
lists:

Linksys EC2T/PCMPC100/PCM100, PCMLM56, EtherFast 10/100 PC Card, Combo
PCMCIA Ethernet Card (PCMPC100 V2)

under the section:

NE2000 compatible PC-Card (PCMCIA) Ethernet and FastEthernet cards ( ed(4)
driver)

When the laptop comes back from the field (2 weeks), one of our IT guys
(more familiar with FBSD) is going to help me configure the driver. Will let
you know how it goes. Hopefully someone else will have better answers before
then.

BTW, are you running X? I am having trouble getting it set up right.

Regards,

Terry