Problem with detecting devices

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Mon Sep 20 09:03:15 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 11:06:08AM +0200, Jesus Climent wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have been testing 5.3 on two of my systems and i get a problem when i
> repartition the table and try to add the freebsd slices, since it always says
> it cannot find the devices.
>
> Restarting the system with a BSD partition helps the installation program to
> find the devices and lets me continue.
>
> Happened both with an old mobo and a thinkpad 600.
>
> What could i do to debug the problem?

This is weird.  I don't have any good suggestions for your, unfortunaly.
You may want to try posting to current where more people will see your
message. Also, please include any error messages as exactly as
possiable.

> Off topic: why is altq not compiled by default? not stable enough?

ALTQ has performance implications (it adds code to the interface queue)
so it is not enabled by default since most people won't want it.

-- Brooks