List of ports with "python 3" errors in poudriere

Marcus von Appen mva at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 29 09:28:31 UTC 2013

John Marino <freebsd.contact at marino.st>:

> Per IRC conversation with mva, I'm sending python@ a list of ports that
> currently don't build in DragonFly poudriere due to ports infrastructure
> problems.  I have not changed the python default in make.conf.  It would
> be nice to get Mk/bsd.python.mk (or whatever) fixed so these ports build
> in poudriere again.  Thanks, John

[broken ports]

There are several more (e.g. graphics/blender), which suffer from the
same issue.
For those, who wonder what is going wrong here:

The interim hack in bsd.python.mk, which always causes ports to pull in
lang/python, if USE_PYTHON[_XXX] is set, is the problem. As some know, I am
currently testing all ports for that problem and am making lang/python
a dependency
on the port, rather than being implicitly set by bsd.python.mk.
Once done, the ports themselves will need to be fixed to use the
proper python version
rather than lang/python, so we can build version-specific packages.

Long story short: No port should depend on lang/python at build and
installation time
as a mid-term goal.

For those with too much free time at their hands: feel free to go
through John's list
and fix the ports to use a proper python version at build time instead
of `python` :-).

Cheers
Marcus