USE_TWISTED becoming a USES

Marcus von Appen mva at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 30 21:28:30 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I tried to remove the USE_TWISTED stuff from bsd.python.mk. You can find
the attempt at http://people.freebsd.org/~mva/twisted.mk.txt.

The syntax basically would be something like:

    # Add twistedCore, twistedWeb and twistedConch as run dependencies
    USES=      twisted:run,web,conch

    # Add twistedCore and twistedFlow as build dependencies
    USES=      twisted:build,flow

    # Add twistedCore as build and run dependency
    USES=      twisted

    # Add twistedCore and web2 as run dependency
    USES=      twisted:web2

I removed the version check ("20"), since I did not see any use for it
and it is not used anywhere.
It is also worth to mention that I did not test the .mk at all :-).

Since I do not use twisted myself, feedback about whether the .mk can
replace the current infrastructure behaviour is highly appreciated.  If
someone wants to continue the work, that's also welcome. All in all 38
ports would need to be converted and the twisted block to be removed
from bsd.python.mk.

Cheers
Marcus