FreeBSD python patch for devel/googletest

Marcus von Appen mva at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 24 18:03:14 UTC 2013

Dear maintainer of devel/googletest,

the FreeBSD python team is currently cleaning up the python ports
infrastructure in order to get rid of the implicit lang/python
build and run-time dependency for ports. This is done to prepare
the ports tree for building packages for multiple python versions
at the same time.

Your port devel/googletest uses the `python` command directly at
build and/or installation time. In order to avoid this, we created
a patch to let the port use a specific python version instead.

http://people.freebsd.org/~mva/python/googletest.diff

We would appreciate, if you could briefly review the patch and
either commit it yourself or allow us to commit it. In order to
move forward, please let us know in one way or another until the

1st of December 2013 (2013-12-01)

If we do not get any reply until that date, we will commit the
patch.

Thanks
Marcus (on behalf of python@)