systematic issue with PYDISTUTILS_AUTOPLIST

William Grzybowski william88 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 11:19:48 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Nicola Vitale <nivit at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> [2013/11/22 William Grzybowski <william88 at gmail.com>]
>> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 2:58 AM, Nicola Vitale <nivit at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>> If so, in my opinion the cause may be this change to bsd.python.mk:
>>> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=322046
>>
>> In my opinion its not really a cause, how else would you do that? We
>> are dealing with packages, I don't see another way to install the
>> packages if not manually poking with easy-install.pth.
>
> Yes, of course. Or we can use easy_install command again...

It would just make it more complex, plus we would need to rebuild all
easy_install packages. Unless I'm missing something more obvious

>> Sure, but the only way around that I see is manually creating the
>> easy-install.pth, or figure out a way to tel setuptools to,
>
> In fact, and why did you not add that file? Obviously we could create
> a simple port as a run dependency of setuptools, that installs only
> that file with a minimal content, so not having to worry about it when
> you update setuptools.

Because I've been quite busy with work and had no time to figure out
how to manually create that file, I need to investigate if it is
somehow platform agnostic or what.
I see no reason to create a new port but bundle it with setuptools.

--
William Grzybowski