svn commit: r332287 - in head/sysutils: . py-halite py-halite/files

Nicola Vitale nivit at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 3 22:05:37 UTC 2013

Hi Marcus,

> [2013/11/3 Marcus von Appen <mva at freebsd.org>]
> Rather than using it conditionally, are there cases where eggs must be
> installed as zip packages (see also https://wiki.freebsd.org/Python and
> ports/182332)?

AFAIK, I don't think so. The only reason I found was in the setuptools
doc: "For maximum performance, Python packages are best installed as
zip files."...

In any case, we can not add -Z directly to PYDISTUTILS_INSTALLARGS
now, otherwise we break all ports that install its egg zipped. It's
necessary to fix their pkg-plist before or set PYDISTUTILS_AUTOPLIST
in case.

--
Nicola Vitale