/usr/ports/lang/python26

tom oakes eoakes at comcast.net
Wed Jan 30 04:54:51 UTC 2013

I recently did an upgrade from freebsd 8.2 to freebsd 8.3

I did a portsnap fetch ans portsnap update just before I got this error.

I tried doing a make in  the firefox port directory and got error of
packages not upto date. I did a portupgrade -R of  those packages, which
worked until I got an error suggesting I run pkgdb _F which I did twice,
accepting the default options.

Again doing a make in .../www/firefox upgrade firefox and got the folloe
error message:

===>    Verifying install for
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/_sqlite3.so in
/usr/ports/databases/py-sqlite3
===>  Found saved configuration for sqlite3-3.7.14.1
=> Python-2.6.6.tar.xz is not in /usr/ports/lang/python26/distinfo.
=> Either /usr/ports/lang/python26/distinfo is out of date, or
=> Python-2.6.6.tar.xz is spelled incorrectly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/py-sqlite3.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.

I don't see what to try next!

Either  portsnap did not do its job, or something is wrong with the port.

Thanks
Tom Oakes   email eoakes at comcast,net