bsd.python.mk: python3 plist shim

Dmitry Sivachenko trtrmitya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 07:18:20 UTC 2013

On 23.01.2013, at 16:29, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm planning to apply this patch to Mk/bsd.python.mk soon. It's an nivit's solution from devel/py-virtualenv for changes, introduced in PEP 3147 [1]. It will not affect default packages build, because packages are not yet building for python3 on cluster, but it will affect python ports, built with python3, that already has fix like that applied locally. I tested it with dozen of ports and everything seems fine. Local fixes will be removed right after this change. Please tell me if there is any objections or suggestions on this. Thanks.
>
> [1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3147/

Hello!

Looks like a hack.  Why not to define some variable, say PYCACHEDIR, to proper value based on python version, and use in in pkg-plist as %%PYCACHEDIR%% ?
Similar to all other version-dependend things like PYTHON_SITELIBDIR?

This will require modification of pkg-plist files but this can be done automatically by a script.